Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tip #18: Your body will make milk..even when you are sick

Sorry I've been offline for a while now. I came down with a very nasty stomach virus that had me in bed for a full three days. On the third day of not keeping any food or much fluid down, I was restocked at urgent care with three IV bags of fluid! However, I learned a valuable lesson about milk production, even in the face of limited resources, your body will continue to prioritize production of milk! I also learned that no matter how hard it is, getting and keeping fluid is the most important thing you can do when you are sick.

Also, the answer from the pediatrician is that I should continue to breastfeed if I felt up to it. Viruses and bacteria aren't transmitted in breast milk, but important white cells that can recognize the virus are.

No comments:

Post a Comment